Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Sometimes I wish I could be normal

I've spent a lot of time over the past few weeks thinking about this.

Our life would be so much easier if we were more like other people. If we could just let go of some of our ideas like homesteading and living on one income we would be able to fit in so much easier.

It's kind of like the movie "The Matrix". Morpheus gives Neo the choice between the red pill and the blue pill and tells him if he chooses the red pill there is no going back. I feel like we have chosen the red pill and sometimes it would be nice to be able to go back.

I'm not saying I regret our choices but it is difficult sometimes when the people around us don't understand and are sometimes critical of our choices. It is difficult enough financially without having to deal with the stress of trying to explain these things to our friends and family.

I guess, ultimately, there is nothing I can do to change these things so I shouldn't stress about them.

No comments: