Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Traditions

It's the time of the year I almost dread, the holiday season.

Most activities stop because everyone is soooo busy. I'm really not sure what they are busy doing because this is one of the slowest times of the year for our family. Very little happens :(

With that said I'm seeing all kinds of posts on other blogs about turkeys, casseroles, and pies. Hmmm. No turkey here. No pies, no ham, no casseroles, no big dinners. That's right, we have ruined our children's hopes of ever being normal by not cooking them a big Thanksgiving dinner. I think we went to a big family dinner once when Lorna was a baby but maybe not.

We will spend the day munching on various appetizer type things and just relax. Maybe I'll even be able to convince the rest of the family to help me clean the house since I've been ignoring it while I work on a huge sewing project for our chorus. Exciting day we have planned right? I think the best thing about the day is that we get to sleep in and there is no pressure to do anything out since everything is closed :)

2 comments:

Glenda said...

sounds great Kim. Even if we didn't get together with family, my dh would still want the turkey dinner and all the fixings - he's just that way. I don't mind and I usually don't mind hosting family as I enjoy cooking and baking. And this year I thought it would be easier choosing Thanksgiving when my dh is less busy. But boy oh boy this year has been not so easy. My washing machine has been broke for over a week (transmission out), and Monday and Tuesday I had an electrician and a carpenter here all day fixing shelving. It all seems to be coming at once with no down time. Oh well, I would like to say no to celebrating with family one time, but I also don't want to spoil it for my kids to play with their cousins. Always something to think about......

Anyway have a wonderful Thanksgiving whether you get to relax or accomplish some cleaning/organizing!

Morgan the Muse said...

I am always slightly jealous of your Thanksgiving. No slaving over a stove/oven/microwave oven for hours/ minutes and having to put up with people you don't like.. maybe something as a family would be very nice.

Now, if you excuse me, I have four dozen eggs I have to hardboil. >.<