Thursday, February 05, 2009

Chicks!

We got a call at 6:30 this morning asking us to come pick up our chicks. They arrived in less than 24 hours from when they shipped and all the ones I ordered survived.

Along with the 10 chicks I ordered I also received 12 "packing peanuts". One didn't survive, it looks like it got squished by the others.



We ordered 2 Rhode Island Red, 2 New Hampshire Red, 2 Black Australorp, 2 Buff Orpington, and 2 Delaware. We received Ameraucanas as packing peanuts. I'm kinda hoping that at least one of the peanuts is a pullet since that breed lays green and blue eggs.



The chicks are settled in their temporary home. They are all eating, drinking and making lots of noise. It doesn't look like they will be able to stay in their current tub for more than a few days because of space. Paul brought home some really huge boxes for which I'm really thankful because we received more packing peanuts than I anticipated.

4 comments:

Morgan the Muse said...

They look great! They do grow fast, though. And soil themselves quickly. Bleeh.

Scott said...

Packing Peanuts! LOL!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm so jealous;)

Jane said...

Cool! I want some chickens!!!!!