Thursday, August 17, 2006

Home update

Well, the seller signed the addendum extending escrow through the end of this month and the water tank is finally in. Supposedly we will be closing at the end of this month.

I have mixed feelings about this whole thing. We found an area we would really like to live in but it's just a tad bit out of our price range. We even found a home in our price range that we love but it has virtually no lot and we couldn't keep the horse on it. That seems to be our biggest problem, finding a property that is zoned for horses. Even if we boarded the horse, where would the kids play? I am afraid we are really picky and want a place with some "room to roam".

Paul has been actively searching for a new job since his is going to disappear rather quickly. At first we thought about just uprooting and moving across country again but we decided that we should at least attempt to make this work for a couple of years. Something I had not anticipated with jobs here are how little they actually pay. The cost of living here is so high compared to other places we have lived but the jobs don't pay any more. How do people live here? I was beginning to think it was because we live on one income but then I was reminded of how expensive it is to work. With the extra added expenses we can't afford for me to work. Paul is looking for a job that will actually make it so we can squeak by on the one income but it looks like he will ultimately end of with two jobs again. It's not the end of the world but it's not a comfortable thought.

I'm still plugging along with our wedding scrapbook. Every time I think I'm just about finished I find more pictures to add. As soon as I'm done with it I will pick out a few pages and post them here :)

No comments: