Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What I've been making

I realized that my last few posts have been so negative and that was never my intention so...

I've decided to post a few pictures of my latest projects. I normally sew and have been very busy the last few months making new dresses for our daughter. But I've taken time out of my sewing to finish my first scrapbook. Since I was able to finish our 8x8 album of the yurt I thought that it should take me no time to finish our wedding album. I know it's way over due since we just celebrated our 12th anniversary but I thought it shouldn't take longer than a week or so. I was wrong and honestly haven't gotten very far. I do have an excuse though :)

My mil asked me to make Thank You cards for the business. I was very happy to do so since this would allow me to make a little bit of money to buy more paper and tools for my scrapbooks. So here are a few pictures of the completed cards.






The pictures don't convey the texture in the paper or the true colors but it gives you an idea of what I've been up to :)

2 comments:

The Hen (Charity) said...

I love that paper that you used. Where did you find such lovely material? I also love making cards but I do not have that much with homeschooling 2 kids and having two little ones. I hope you are able do well making the cards.

Kim said...

I bought the paper at a Joann ETC. It isn't really for cards but matting pictures, I just cut the cards down to fit the paper. It came in a pack that included both solid and prints, the solids have a lot of texture which I really like.
I know what you mean about the time. I don't have really little ones so it makes it easier. I try to set aside a few hours each week to do something for myself, usually that means when dh is home. Usually he sits near where I am crafting so we can talk but if the kids need something he takes care of it :)