Thursday, August 07, 2008

Catching up

Why is it that when you get sick for just a few days it seems to take a week or more to catch up?

Not much is going on around here but sewing, cleaning, sewing, and sewing. You notice I only mentioned cleaning once :) The house wasn't in the best shape before I got sick so I'm only attempting to get it back to that "okay but not great" level. Once things slow down in the sewing department I have some major cleaning and decluttering I want to get around to. It's probably just wishful thinking that I'll ever get this place to be uncluttered since it's so small.

We got our first cucumber out of the garden but the skin was really bitter. I'm not giving up, this is the first time I've ever had a cucumber actually grow in any garden I've planted. There are now lots of little green tomatoes all over the plants which is also really exciting. I know that in town people have already had ripe tomatoes but since we are 1500 feet higher in elevation we are slightly behind them in the ripening process. We still haven't had any green beans and the plants seem to be dying so I think I may have to give up on the idea of ever growing them here :( The squash plants are limping along as well which may actually be a blessing since I have way too many plants. We are getting just enough squash to keep us happy but not so much that I'm stressed by some of it going bad.

No comments: