Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Gifts and more

I've finally finished all the Christmas gifts I was making. I think this is a record since it isn't even Christmas day yet!

I made these place mats for a gift exchange for our gymkhana club.




I thought they turned out really cute. Unfortunately both sets ended up with men who didn't seem all that thrilled. I don't know how common it is but both parties we went to play a game with the exchange gifts. The gifts are all placed in a pile and everyone gets a number. When it is your turn you can either pick a gift from the pile or you can steal a gift from someone else who has one. If you steal a gift then that person has to either pick from the pile or can steal from someone who has a gift. The game can go on for quite awhile. Once the last gift is taken from the pile the game is over and you are stuck with whatever gift you have at that time. It's a lot of fun.

I also finished two other gifts but I can't post pictures of those until after Christmas.

Lorna finished her sampler this evening. This is a project she has been working on for an entire year. When we were studying the 1800s we talked about how girls at that time would do a sampler to practice their embroidery skills. Lorna was interested in trying one for herself so I checked out a few books from the library and made up a pattern using her confirmation verse. It's finally done and looks wonderful. I can't wait to get it framed and hung on her wall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! (I still have one more pair of pj pants to sew)
Lorna's sampler looks beautiful; I am sure she will enjoy displaying it for years to come.

Morgan the Muse said...

That sampler is super cool, man! Tell her I am jealous, I do not have the patience to do anything like that. :(