Friday, July 24, 2009

Chores

If you are one of those mothers who does all the cleaning and laundry for the family I'm going to give you a bit of advice, teach your family how to help you now. I can't tell you how glad I am that I have made the kids do their own laundry since they were old enough to reach the washer.

Back injuries like mine mean you can't bend over or lift anything more than 5 pounds. If my family relied on me for clean clothes they would be in a world of hurt since I can't carry laundry anywhere and I certainly can't hang it on the line. Because the kids have been doing their own laundry for years they not only haven't had a disruption in their schedule but they have been able to help with my laundry. The same is true for cleaning the house. My mom has been here for the past 2 weeks helping out but at least I know we will be able to function when she leaves on Sunday. The kids are more than capable when it comes to cleaning because they have done every job imaginable around the house at one time or another. Sure they will have to pick up the slack over the next few months as I recuperate but at least they already know how to clean the bathroom and kitchen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more, I haven't cleaned in years;)