Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bye Bye Sun!



I'm not a morning person. I can get up and function if I absolutely have to but I don't like it, so I don't enjoy the sun streaming into the bedroom morning in the summer. During the winter it's not that big of a deal because the position of the sun is such that it doesn't come directly in and it warms the room up.

Since our temperatures have been hoovering around 100 degrees for the past two weeks or so the last thing I want is the sun warming the room. Plus the sun has moved so much that it peeks straight through the window right into my eyes at the horrible hour of 6am! So I finally got around to putting up a curtain.

One of the benefits of living in a semi-rural area is that our nearest neighbors aren't close enough to see in the windows. That allows me to keep pushing curtains to the bottom of my to-do list. But the sun can see in and I decided that I couldn't tolerate it any longer.

Paul and I hung the hardware over the weekend. I've had this stuff left from the last place we lived, sometimes keeping stuff around is worthwhile. I admit the first 3 days I had a robe hung on the hooks because I just couldn't get up enough motivation to change the thread color in the sewing machine (I'm in the process of sewing a black suit for Malachi). But it's done and I'm gonna be much happier in the morning when I wake up and the clock says 8am instead of 6!

I wonder how long it will take me to finish the rest of the curtains for the house. In previous homes I've finished and hung curtains just as we sold the house and moved. Maybe I should start sewing faster!

No comments: