Friday, April 20, 2007

Movies

We have been watching a lot of movies since we started using Netflix. We've seen a lot that are just okay but this week we watched two that I thought were rather good.

1776, a cute musical about the Continental Congress and the signing of the Declaration of Independence and Emma based on the book by Jane Austen.

I found it curious that the rating of 1776 was changed from G to PG. There was a bit of language and a few allusions to what goes on behind closed doors in a marriage but nothing too bad. Paul and I got a kick out of listening to the voice of KITT from Knight Rider sing about independence.

It's been awhile since I read the book Emma but I didn't see anything glaringly off about it and Gweneth Paltrow did a good job with the character. Of course I'm a bit partial to this kind of movie since I love Jane Austen's writing. We have watched the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice numerous times because it's so good.

No comments: