Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Testing

I feel like I'm being tested in my resolve to live on a cash basis.

We received our supplemental property tax bill yesterday. It was more than I had anticipated. So that along with the registration for the truck is more than we have saved. We have some hard decisions to make...

We have enough for the first installment which is due in 3 weeks. But the next one is due in 4 months and we will be short. We've decided that the only thing left to do is to curtail all trips outside of work. Which means no church trips for the foreseeable future. It's not the end of the world but it's hard. We had already cut the trips back to once a month but it's just not enough. We also have a couple of small conveniences that we will be getting rid of, netflix and soda. It's going to take me a few weeks to wean myself off the soda but I'm sure I'll be better off in the long run.

I firmly believe that less is more, so I'm resolved to find other ways to cut back.

On a lighter note, I have a few green plants coming up in the garden right behind the house. I have been able to plant the lettuce and will be finishing the planting in the newer area by the horse enclosure.

I have also been reading this site and dreaming about our next adventure...

No comments: